The Biomedical Informatics Group has participated in many R&D&i activities. International collaborations began with the Decision Systems Group, from the Harvard-MIT Health Science and technology division, led by Profs. Bob Greenes and Lucila Ohno Machado.
A total of six researchers participated in this exchange in Boston. This collaboration has been extended to other US institutions such as hospitals and universities.
The Biomedical Informatics Group maintains exchanges of teachers and students with several institutes in the United States of America:
- Health Science and Technology (HST) Program, Harvard University-MIT
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- The University of Utah
- The US National Cancer Institute
- European and African institutions, through European Commission projects