Guillermo de la Calle Velasco has a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain. Since 2004, he has been a member of the Biomedical Informatics Group at the Artificial Intelligence Department in the Facultad de Informática (UPM). His research interests are mainly focused in text mining, web services, SOA, application integration, and automatic generation of resources indexes. He has been author and co-author of research papers published in journals such as Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), Bioinformatics, BMC Bioinformatics, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, and Methods of Information in Medicine. He has participated in several research project such as ACGT, ACTION-Grid, InfoBioMed, Tratamiento 2.0, AFRICA BUILD and Dicode. In the latter, he is the project coordinator at the UPM.
In 2008-1010 he was a collaborator professor in the Biotechnology Degree at Universidad Francisco de Vitoria. Since 2008 he also participates actively in the Cooperation for Development Group TEDECO and the educational innovation group TIDE. He was part of a field mission in the University of Ngozi (Burundi) in 2010.
- 2014: PhD in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). Spain
- 2006: Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA) in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. Facultad de Informática. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). Spain
- 2003: M.S. in Computer Science. Facultad de Informática. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). Spain
- 2000: Computer Science Technical Engineer. Escuela Universitaria de Informática. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). Spain
Academic & Professional positions
- Course 2008/2010: Adjunct Professor in the Biotechnology Degree. Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (UFV). Spain
- Feb. 2004 – Jun. 2014: Researcher at the Biomedical Informatics Group (GIB). Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial. Facultad de Informática. UPM. Spain
- Mar. 2001 – Feb. 2004: Collaborator, researcher and developer at the Spanish Language Center. Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial. Facultad de Informática. UPM. Spain
- Spanish: native
- English: Proficiency